Featured images >> Vintage bank checks
Why pay by bank checks?
Paying by check can be a convenient and secure way to make payments, especially for those who prefer not to use credit cards or online payment methods.
- Record keeping: Writing a check provides you with a paper trail that can be useful for record-keeping purposes. You can easily track who you paid, when you paid them, and how much you paid.
- Security: When you write a check, you don’t have to give out your bank account or credit card information, which can reduce the risk of identity theft or fraud.
- Budgeting: Writing a check can help you keep better track of your spending and budgeting. You can easily see how much money you have spent and how much money you have left in your account.
- No transaction fees: Some merchants charge transaction fees for credit card payments, but paying by check does not incur any fees.
- Delayed payment: Sometimes, paying by check can give you a few extra days to come up with the necessary funds. This can be especially useful if you’re waiting for a paycheck or other payment to clear.
What are some of the legal advantages of paying by check
Paying by check can provide some legal protections and advantages. However, it’s important to keep in mind that there are also risks associated with paying by check such as the risk of the check being lost or stolen.
- Proof of payment: When you write a check, you have a record of the payment that can serve as proof if there is ever a dispute over whether or not you made the payment. This can be particularly important if you need to go to court to resolve a dispute.
- Stop payment: If you have written a check but have not yet sent it or it has been lost or stolen, you can often stop payment on the check to prevent it from being cashed. This can be a useful option if you have made an error or changed your mind about the payment.
- Dispute resolution: If there is a problem with a transaction that you paid for by check, you may be able to resolve the dispute more easily than if you had paid by cash or credit card. The check can serve as proof of payment and can help you to negotiate a resolution.
- Fraud protection: If you become the victim of check fraud, you may have legal recourse to recover your losses. This can include working with your bank or law enforcement to investigate the fraud and potentially recover stolen funds.
Why buy personal and business checks online?
Based on our conversations with experts, we strongly believe that ordering checks from your bank is a waste of your hard-earned money. This is because most banks purchase checks from a select few companies, many of which are owned by the same parent companies as online check printing companies. By ordering checks online yourself, you can often find them for a lower price than offered by your bank.
We have teamed up with GetChecksCheap to curate the best of the best in personal and business checks. They only partner with merchants who meet industry security and safety standards.
So now that you know you will get industry standard safe and secure checks cheap when you buy checks from any of Get Checks Cheap partner merchants, it is time to focus on the one thing that differentiates one personal check from another check and that is check “art”. It is the art that makes your checks truly personalized, a financial signature of sorts. In today’s world where so many transactions are handled online or electronically, we promise, you will still write checks.
Although most larger companies and institutions have transitioned to electronic payment, many small local businesses have not yet totally made the transition. You still need to pay for your gymnastics coaches, horse trainers, landscape professionals, piano teachers and math tutors by check. Chances are you will write a check for this year’s girl scout cookies, church fundraisers, and holiday gifts & gratuities. The list goes on and on. And it is these people, the ones you have true and meaningful relationships with, who will most likely notice and appreciate your choice of check designs. It really did not matter much when you were mailing in your mortgage payment but how fabulous would it be to pay your batting coach with a baseball theme check or your barn fees with a horse theme check.
Get Checks Cheap also makes your search simpler. They have organized their site by theme and then, have chosen their favorite check designs from a slew of options. so if their taste does not quite match yours, no worries, there are often lots more styles to choose from.
Information needed to order checks online
Finally, no matter if you order from Checks Unlimited, Carousel Checks, Check Advantage, Check Superstore or any other check printing company you can order from, you should gather the following information together before you place your order. It will make the whole process go that much smoother and be much less frustrating and annoying.
1. Identifying Information
- For Personal Checks
- your name
- phone number
- optional >> photo
- For Business Checks
- business name
- phone number
- optional >> website address
2. Bank information
- Name & Address of your Financial Institution.
- Routing Number (Your old checks will have this information printed on them. If you don’t have anymore checks, call your bank. They will be able to give you the routing number.)
- Account Number
- Check Starting Number
Please, please please triple check all of this information for accuracy. You will not get checks cheap if you order thousands of checks with the wrong information on them!
Digitize your check payment process
Alternatively, make payments quickly and conveniently with the Deluxe Payment Exchange’s (DPX) digital delivery and Print+Mail services. You can send payments instantly using digital delivery, or choose same-day Print+Mail options for even faster service. By using these services, you can save time and money compared to traditional methods of printing and mailing payments.
In addition to the speed and cost benefits, digital payments and Print+Mail can also help you better manage your cash flow. You can send checks instantly, even at the last minute, giving you greater control over your finances. This can be especially helpful for businesses or individuals who need to closely monitor their cash flow and maintain accurate financial records.